Switching Providers (Smart Meter) Does Bonkers etc sites show Everything

IrishGunner

Currently with Electric Ireland and out of contract and looking at switching. So do the comparison on Bonkers but wonder do they show all discounts etc or is it best to check directly with the providers?

So where is the best place to start or any other good comparison sites that show everything

Last edited by a moderator:
Discussed here for the last two weeks. It appears that they are thin on the ground for comparisons. I checked each individual sites meself to change from EI because of their Standard Charge rise.

They are supposed to show all deals available as part of the accreditation deal. You won't be able to sign up to all deals directly from Bonkers or the other comparison sites, but they are a good first step in understanding what's out there.

Make sure you are answering 'No' to the 'Only show tariffs available for sign up?' question to ensure all available deals are included in the results.

Ok tried the one big switch and they are saying the rates are below

image.png
So for standard user with smart meter who we use more at weekend and from 5-8 each night

Below are the Bord Gais rates

https://www.bordgaisenergy.ie/home/our-tariffs

So if reading correct then savings on the Urban Domestic standard is €1,637 (one big) v €2,127 (bord Gais) I am reading this right

So comparing to Flogas whom I have GAs with is Big swtich best option

Including VAT

• 37.98 cent per kWh (Smart day rate)
  • 29.6 cent per kWh (Smart night rate)
  • 44.92 cent per kWh (Smart peak rate)
  • €338.89 annual standing charge

Back