Switching from Ulster after €1000 cashback?

MrKeane

I switched my mortgage to UlsterBank recently and got a €1000 bonus and my fees paid. Reading the tracker thread I should now switch to NIB and get base +0.5%. I think my Ulster Tracker is base +0.7%, I can't remember exactly.

Has anybody switched from Ulster recently after getting the €1000 bonus?

I switched my mortgage to UlsterBank recently and got a €1000 bonus and my fees paid. Reading the tracker thread I should now switch to NIB and get base +0.5%. I think my Ulster Tracker is base +0.7%, I can't remember exactly.

Has anybody switched from Ulster recently after getting the €1000 bonus?

I completed my switch 3 weeks ago and they refused to give me the 1,000 Euros. I was loan approved 3 months before the deadline and between Ulster Bank and First American they made loads of mistakes with the loan offer and I ended up going in to sign the loan offer 7 times. Which took me well over the deadline. None of this was my fault and I am very annoyed that they are refusing to give me the 1,000 Euros.
So I intend to switch from Ulster bank immediately. My broker tells me that i.i.b, perm tsb and ics are offering to pay all costs, so I will be switching to one of them.
Just out of curiosity MR Keane, when you did you complete the switch???
thanks.....

I switched during the early summer AFAIK. It all worked out fine and I got the €1000. I think there was a small glitch which delayed it by a couple of the weeks but I can't even remember what it was. It is bad form not to pay you the €1000 when switching is known to be a protracted process at the best of times.

NIB do not use brokers and offer an LTV tracker starting from ECB + 0.5%, and they pay all costs, according to their website.

I switched during the early summer AFAIK. It all worked out fine and I got the €1000. I think there was a small glitch which delayed it by a couple of the weeks but I can't even remember what it was. It is bad form not to pay you the €1000 when switching is known to be a protracted process at the best of times.

NIB do not use brokers and offer an LTV tracker starting from ECB + 0.5%, and they pay all costs, according to their website.

I originally switched from the NIB to the Ulster bank. This is an ivestment property and NIB only offer ECB + 1 % and Ulster were offering ECB +.75 + costs + 1,000 cash. I will never use Ulster Bank again unless they pay me this 1,000 cash.

I switched to UB during summer and had I not been calling EVERY DAY for a whole month I could still be trying to switch. so got my 1k.... but not worth the amount of crap they have put me through since switching. Totally incompetent customer service/complaints team and still trying to get it working the way I want. If I wasnt fixed I would jump asap

I am fairly certain that the terms of that Ulster 1000 cashback were that if you moved your mortgage to another institution within 5 years - you will have to just pay back "costs" of €899.00. But you would really need to read your own copy of the mortgage agreement to confirm this.

Back