Switching from Halifax CC to Ulsterbank CC

bluetoff

I was trying to switch credit card form Halifax to Ulsterbank, however I could not transfer my balance as apprently the two banks have'nt yet agreed that this can happen between them so therefore I could'nt go through with the balance transfer.
Does anyone know if this agreement is likely to happen in the near future.

I was trying to switch credit card form Halifax to Ulsterbank, however I could not transfer my balance as apprently the two banks have'nt yet agreed that this can happen between them

Did someone at Ulster bank tell you this?

Yeah, after about 10 weeks and numerous phone calls from me to them to find out what was going on.

I'm actually doing the reverse of what you are doing! Had you problems with Halifax?

Have to admit being lured by the better interest rate of 9.5% and the free €100!

Yeah, after about 10 weeks and numerous phone calls from me to them to find out what was going on.

Never realized that this was the case and such restrictions on transfers aren't mentioned in here. ( click on the type of cc and details are given )

I was trying to switch credit card form Halifax to Ulsterbank, however I could not transfer my balance as apprently the two banks have'nt yet agreed that this can happen between them so therefore I could'nt go through with the balance transfer.
Does anyone know if this agreement is likely to happen in the near future.

All that happens with balance transfers is - e.g. in your case Ulster Bank sends the amount to be paid off the Halifax card to Halifax' payment account number and sort code, together with your card reference number. Halifax would then pick it up as any other credit card payment and process the credit to your account.

It sounds like technical problems at Ulster Bank's end, and they are fobbing you off, because no "agreement" is required to do this, and never has been. Otherwise it would be anti-competitive.

I've worked in the banking sector for 9 years, although not for those two, but to my knowledge the above applies to all banks.

Back