Switching credit card provider

Lamps

Im in the process of closing my AIB account as i don't want to pay the large fees. I have switched to Ulster Banks Ufirst account.

I have a credit card with AIB, it looks like it will be a little awkward to pay it so im going to get a credit card through Ulster Bank instead.

When I cancel my AIB credit card, will I have to pay the €30 stamp duty fee? Or when I open my Ulster Bank credit card, will I have to pay the €30 fee? I already paid the €30 earlier this year on my AIB account.

Thanks.

The €30 you paid in April 2013 was in respect of the year up to April, so has no bearing on what you're doing now.

You will be charged €30 when you close your AIB CC account, but you should ask for a letter of exemption and send it to UB - you will not be charged again in April 2014.

Cheers for the reply.

I was thinking of just staying with the AIB Mastercard but there doesnt seem to be a way to pay the bill from my Ulster Bank current account. I rang Ulster Bank and they say I need a sort code and account number for my AIB credit card. I rang AIB card services and they say there isnt an account number or sort code and that Ulster Bank should be able to sort it out without it, once I say to them that i need to "pay a bill".

I rang AIB twice and UB twice and both operators from each bank told me the above.

Has anyone managed to get an account number for an AIB Mastercard?

Don't know AIB but I pay old MBNA card through UB online, just had a look at the system info and I do have an account number and sort code and the reference then is the card number. Do you have a credit card bill with the credit transfer attached to end? (assuming you get a paper statement), what does it say there, it should show some bank details that would enable you to pay it.

Back