Switching conditions - Each Lender

cliqueentour

Hi,

I'm trying to see what the requirements are for each lender in terms of switching a mortgage to them and how long I need to be with my current mortgage lender before they permit it.

I understand from this forum that in order to switch to PTSB, you need to be with your current mortgage lender for a period of at least 24 months.

Is there anywhere I can find out the same conditions for switching to AIB, BOI, Ulster Bank, EBS, KBC etc? I've tried online but can't find the information. Short of that, I'll ring up each of the banks but just in case people here know the information. If it's already covered in another topic apologises. Thanks!

I walked into KBC's hub six weeks after drawing down my mortgage (with EBS) to see if they'd take me. They said while it was usual that they had no policy against it. Got distracted by house-related stuff so only recently got back to this. It's closer to six months now but have my AIP just need house valued to see which LTV band i will fit into.

Just off with BOI and they told me you have to be with your current lender for 12 months before they will consider a switcher application.

Ok so here’s my experiences:
Kbc: will accept you straight away.
Aib: will accept you straight away. (Moved from them on an Ltv of 90% to Ebs to get 2% cash back, paid a total of 2 installments to ebs and moved back to aib on a less than 50% ltv plus 2000 cashback from aib)
Boi: must be with previous lender for 12 months min.
Ub: must be with previous lender for 6 months min.
Ptsb: didn’t bother getting quotes as their rates are crap.
I’d like to move to ub to get the 4 year fixed, but I’m only with aib since feb and I’ve a 6 month moratorium with them at the minute. So I imagine it will be feb 2019 before I can move. Hopefully the ecb rate doesn’t budge before then!
Regards
Tom

Back