Switching back to KBC

Ning

I switched away from KBC around 12 months ago because they were not lowering the rate for existing mortgage holders. I moved to Ulster Bank who was also offering 1,500 euros during the process and their rate were 0.3% lower than KBC at that time.

Looking at the market every year or so, I now see that KBC offer 3,000 euros when switching to them, and their rates are now 0.5% lower than UB for my LVT (variable). I initially considered moving to AIB, but they offer only 2,000 euros and their rates are 0.1% higher than KBCs. The only remaining advantage of AIB over KBC would be that their 2,000e offer has no clawback. That said, I am not certain how legal is the 3-year clawback on the KBC offer (I believe the clawback on BoI offer was ruled as illegal).

Has anyone done this in the past of moving back to previous lender? Any experience?
Is there a minimum delay between switching? Would KBC not give the switch offer if moving back to them? I cannot see anything in this area in their T&C but perhaps I'm missing sth.

Thanks.

I don't think there is any clawback on KBC's €3,000 cash-back offer. No mention of it on their site that I can see - it would be unlawful in any event.

Apparently some lenders are reluctant to re-finance a home loan that is less than 12 months old but that wouldn't appear to be relevant in your case.

Back