Switcher ACC AIB to PTSB

Speedwell

I was in the process of moving current account from AIB to Permanent TSB.

On Thursday evening telephone banking (AIB) told me that my current account was closed and to phone my AIB branch in the morning to find out what was happening. When I rang in the morning I was told by AIB that morning that my current account was still active so I used my ATM card and took 80dr out. I had used my laser card a couple of days before for €42 also.

Then I get a call from AIB to be told that a staff member in my AIB branch had in fact closed my account by mistake (2 weeks early) as she did not read the switcher form correctly.

I was told that they would reclaim the €122.00 that was overdrawn on the AIB current account and take it from my new account in PTSB.

It took them 3 days to send my balance from AIB to PTSB but when they were taking the money from the PTSB back to AIB it was instantaneous.

I think this is a disgrace that the bank can take your money back to close your old current account straight away but yet when it is the other way around I had to wait 3 days.

So be careful that your bank does not close your account sooner than you are expecting or you will be left high and dry for a few days with no access to your new current account other than manually lodging / withdrawing money (which in my case was nowhere near my work).

Had terrible trouble over the past few years with AIB. Moved about 15 months ago to BOI and have had nohassle at all. Every ammendment or adjustment I have made to standing orders or any other queries were answered pleasently and quickly. Not like the time when I had to join 3 seperate queues in AIB - once to the foreign exchange to order foreign currency, then to the personal banking queue to lodge money, and then again to customer services to change a standing order. The joys of AIB!!!! Rant over!!

Back