Ulster Switched from Ulster Bank, but I don't want to move back even for a tracker

Banquo

Hi,

I wonder would anyone know how to approach a situation where you remortgaged away from a lender who should have offered you a tracker, it has been determined by the Panel you should be offered a tracker by that lender but do not want to deal with or move back to that lender again. How would the Panel compensate you going forward? Is there anyway to be fairly compensated whilst remaining with your current lender? Many thanks in advance

Insist on moving back to Ulster Bank.

Then move back. Or maybe they will offer you a deal not to.

I don't think it's reasonable to tell the Panel you don't want to go back and want a lump sum instead.

Brendan

Thanks for your reply.

I don't want to move back to them, I have been trying to transfer the mortgage over to them for 6 months and they have been incredibly difficult to deal with. Pedantic and in some cases incompetent. It's hard to not think it's a tactic.

Plus the principle of rewarding a firm with the long term business of a mortgage after they treated it's customers so badly the first time around seems counterintuitive.

I would have thought the CBI would have considered the situation where customer has such a bad experience with an institution they wouldn't want to have anything to do with them again, but should still be fairly compensated.

They didn't offer it at the start. But when I went to the panel and at same time filled out a form they realised I was entitled. That started in October last year. 8 months later and delay followed by delay followed by requests for.more bank statements and payslips, I am still waiting. Meanwhile my appeal is being held up until it's resolved?

Back