Switch or stay

bob1577

Hi Guys I have a mortgage with Ulsterbank with 15 years left on it. Its at 2.6% fixed till Nov 2023. I am wondering whether it is worth the hassle and cost to switch. I dont have the upfront costs for solicitors (approx €1500 ) and the breakage fees Approx €2400 from ulsterbank to switch to avant.

Any ideas on whether its worth to apply for a break or wait till my contract ends. Knowing they are selling to PSTB does that mean I will have to do legal fees again anyway or is that ulsetbanks issue as they are changing the contract. I want to get either a 5 or 7 year fixed.

thanks for any advice
BOB

Last edited:
Id get a breakage cost letter for coming out of the fixed rate early, they will facilitate this for you at no cost or stress, if you are in the Permanent cohort you will in theory move this year so if you roll off your rate next year you will be provided Permanent rates then.
Contemplate fixing again with UB, they have up to 10 fixed rates.

Any ideas on whether its worth to apply for a break or wait till my contract ends.

You should post your details in this thread and you will get a much more detailed response as to whether it makes sense to switch or not.

Approx €2400 to switch to avant.
This is also very expensive? You should be able to get this done for less than €1500.

There are cash back offers available that will possibly be better suited to you if cash up front is the problem. You would only temporarily be out of pocket until cashback is received

Back