Switch mortgage with a qualification on title

hawkeye01

Hi all - has anyone experience of switching mortgage providers while there is a qualification on the title of existing loan?

We are in home one year and looking to remortgage to fund renovations; we had some queries with solicitor and KBC during initial purchase, is same rigour likely to be applied (by the banks specifically) when looking for a new mortgage?

Thanks

Yes the same rigour will be applied. Switching mortgage involves a new lender giving you a loan so they will want just as much legal comfort as the incumbent.

That said, if you already got the loan, then it would seem that the qualification on title isn't fatal. Your current lender accepted it. So the proposed replacement lender may also accept it, all things being equal. I would suggest that your solicitor writes to the legal department of the new lender at an early stage with full details.

Alternatively you could look at getting a top-up with KBC, who have already accepted the qualification.

Hi all - has anyone experience of switching mortgage providers while there is a qualification on the title of existing loan?

We are in home one year and looking to remortgage to fund renovations; we had some queries with solicitor and KBC during initial purchase, is same rigour likely to be applied (by the banks specifically) when looking for a new mortgage?

We switched our mortgage with a qualification on title. The qualification was over something relatively minor, which could be remedied if it ever became an issue...we also had good equity in the house which may have helped. I think if the first bank accept the qualification then there is a strong possibility that the second bank will view it in the same way. That said, I still fretted about it until it all went through but it was all fine in the end.

Back