Swine Flu and flying

suimhneach

Hi all

My uncle is home from the states at the moment due to go back on friday, he has been unwell the past few days and today the doctor tells him he thinks he might have swine flu, has not said "you definately have swine flu" for some reason they are not able to say for sure its swine flu. Anyways he has been advised not to fly for the next 10 days. Is there anything i can do so he wont be charged for a whole new flight (aer lingus) as he will have to cancel his return flight.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks

Hi all

My uncle is home from the states at the moment due to go back on friday, he has been unwell the past few days and today the doctor tells him he thinks he might have swine flu, has not said "you definately have swine flu" for some reason they are not able to say for sure its swine flu. Anyways he has been advised not to fly for the next 10 days. Is there anything i can do so he wont be charged for a whole new flight (aer lingus) as he will have to cancel his return flight.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks

From what I've know, if he has a note from a doctor indicating he is unfit to fly due to a "Flu-like Illness" the airlines have been very understanding and are not charging people for reorganising flights.

Speak to the airline and explain the situation. From their point of view, the last thing they want is someone displaying symptoms getting on their planes.

Back