Swimming Pool Dublin 14 or 16

liaconn

Does anyone know of a swimming pool in the Dublin 14 or 16 area which has open swimming from about 6 oc in the evening. Most of the ones I've tried have lane swimming, classes etc up until 8 or 9. I'd really prefer to go for a swim on my way home from work than have to head back out again after dinner. I'm also looking for a pay as you use pool, as I'm not interested in joining a gym or leisure centre.

There are swimming pools open to the public in terenure college and in tempelogue......both just right outside the D14 post code but not too far away if you have a car.

There used to be a swimming pool in dundrum but it was closed a few years ago, dont know what is happening to it or if it opened again.

Call the DL Rathdown county council they will have alist of public swimming pools.

Dumdrum pool (which is in Balinteer) was not rebuilt when the community school was extended.

Tallaght complex center in Balrothery, is also not to far away and it is a pay as you go and its kept very well.

Markievicz Leisure centre in Townsend St. has lane and casual swimming up till 7.45pm every evening. It's quite a good pool tho can be busy. There's a rather cold sauna attached to it.

The lane swimming is good is you are an accomplished swimmer and the pool starts to get pleasantly empty after about 7.20-30pm... You'll find all the swimmers in the sauna (they're welcome to it!). The classes there run 8-9pm and the pool reopens at 9 for another 45mins (except Fridays).

I mourn the recent loss of Rathmines pool - anyone know how long it'll be closed for?

Crumlin pool's opening hours are a joke. Have yet to go out to the Tallaght Leisure complex on Fortunestown Lane, tho have heard good reports. It's only been open since 06, so should be nice & new.

Don't know of any pool open to the public in Templeogue? In my experience, membership of a type has to be bought before you can visit a private pool and most are rather small.

I know you don't want to buy membership, but a friend of mine was singing the praises of the the ESB pool on Pearse St. and if I was a better or more dedicated swimmer I might think about membership - about €350 or so per annum I think.

Dumdrum pool (which is in Balinteer) was not rebuilt when the community school was extended.

The pool was part of the Dundrum Family Recreation Centre, not part of Ballinteer Community School. The rebuild of the DFRC is currently being tendered, so the new pool will be available in the not too distant future.

The pool was part of the Dundrum Family Recreation Centre, not part of Ballinteer Community School. The rebuild of the DFRC is currently being tendered, so the new pool will be available in the not too distant future.
Excellent news! Thanks for the info. The school was extended over the area there the pool stood (from what i remember) so I presumed that it was not being replaced. I know that the DFRC was not part of the school.

Back