Swap affordable house?

swapping affordable home

Hi, have been pondering on this idea myself. Appears many people in AH's are seeking to trade up/down or relocate and are experiencing difficulties with purchase contract restrictions; there are many people (on relevant websites) that are council tenants wishing to 'exchange/swap' within Ireland so I assume this is possible for tenants? So why not for AH owners?
I intend to ask my local council about this tomorrow, see will I get an answer? It is something I would like to do as I wish to re-locate for employment purposes.

I intend to ask my local council about this tomorrow, see will I get an answer? It is something I would like to do as I wish to re-locate for employment purposes.
Isn't this only an issue if your house has appreciated in value? Given that most folks in affordable housing won't be coming out with a + if they sold, then they could go ahead and sell (or should I say - try to sell) - and following that, buy once more in the desired location - with the desired property.

I could be wrong but I would imagine that theres a world of difference between tenants and owners switching between properties..

Back