SUV V's People Carrier

pat2468

Expecting twins and have one child almost three. Space for seating and double buggy is going to be our major problem . I would like to consider SUV ie. 7 seater Santafe, but i notice most familys go down the people carrier route. I expect the SUV and people carrier would be roughly same running cost and my wife's commute is 20kms per day, so fuel not a major factor.
I would appriciate if experienced familys could advise and please include make and models recommendations
Flexable budget, 2008-2010
Thanks,

Iv seen most families with three kids locally changing their 7 seater to something like a Nissan Qushai (not the plus two model) or indeed a large saloon car which can fit two carseats/booster comfortably if kids small.

Expecting twins and have one child almost three. Space for seating and double buggy is going to be our major problem . I would like to consider SUV ie. 7 seater Santafe, but i notice most familys go down the people carrier route. I expect the SUV and people carrier would be roughly same running cost and my wife's commute is 20kms per day, so fuel not a major factor.
I would appriciate if experienced familys could advise and please include make and models recommendations
Flexable budget, 2008-2010
Thanks,

I'm not a fan of SUV's.
I like People Carriers; nicer to drive and better to use with kids. They are also cheaper to run (cheaper parts, tyres etc) and have far more room inside.
We had a Ford Galaxy for years and it was a great car. Most of them are good but I would avoid Opel's as they are generally rubbish cars.

Hi Sandals,
Thanks for your response. Im not sure if understand you, but why would somebody change from a 7 seater to a Salon car in my situation?. Also is there issues with the Qushai +2 compared to standard Qusai.

I would expect most SUV's to be more expensive to buy run and maintain and have less interior space and less flexiblity than a MPV.

SUV's are heavier, they need the extra weight of the 4X4 mechanics, raised suspension and heavier build for off road use. All of which effects the interior space of the vehicle and the MPG.

To really know you'd have to look at reviews and compare the interior space seats down/up, weight, MPG, etc. of exact models. There maybe be some vehicles that buck the generalisation.

Back