Surveyors

U

Unregistered

I saw a post (which I can no longer find) in here not too long ago recommending Michael O'Malley surveys in Sutton (8392835). A friend also recommended them, so I rang them and left a message a week ago but never heard anything back from them. I rang again yesterday and left another message since the phone is never answered but still haven't heard anything. If people are singing their praises, howcome they can’t be bothered to return my calls? Has anyone else had any experience of this? Should I just forget about them and try a different surveyor? Any recommendations?

Haven't had direct experience of this person but if they dont return 2 phone calls then move on to someone else, I am also looking for a surveyor, this forum along with the www.scs.ie might help

It was me who recommended Michael O'Malley - I do know that he's very much in demand, and extremely busy. If it is a case that it is urgent, maybe you might want to try elsewhere, although if you could wait for him to get in touch it would definitely be worth your while.

clarry said:
looking for a surveyor!
We assist you to market and sell your own home privately and pay no commission!!!

visit

or call me!

Clarry

Mobile: 086 815 3820

Clarry, it would be nice if you didn't advertise your wares on a community board - Sorry Clubman, couldn't see the button to report the post & it drives me up the wall to see people soliciting for business. :(

Thanks mo3art...
Do you know if he's registered for Ulster Bank valuations? If not I'm wasting my time waiting.

I went with Jack Lynch of Collins Maher Martin ([broken link removed]) and though I never actually met the guy, his report was very detailed and they handled the whole thing quite professionally.

I'm pretty sure it cost €285 plus vat for the survey and they did the valuation for €75 as they are a BoI approved valuer and could do both in one call-out hence the cheaper fee. Thats for a 3 bed end of terrace in Dublin.

Based on the recommendations I received I would have gone with Martin Ridge (01 2889327) but he was unavailable at the time but I was happy with the way it worked out anyways.

AFAIK, as a registered, chartered surveyor he is registered with Ulster Bank. Sorry I can't be of anymore help. It's simply a reflection of how much in demand he is for a very good professional service

mo3art said:
Clarry, it would be nice if you didn't advertise your wares on a community board - Sorry Clubman, couldn't see the button to report the post & it drives me up the wall to see people soliciting for business. :(
sorry mate i'm new to this site and was only being helpfull!!

I am getting my house done. Was recommended to use Sean Oragano. His numbers are
Office: +353 (01) 669 0586
Mobile: +353 (0) 87 992 0906
http://www.surveyingsolutions.ie
There fee is €275+vat.
However, whoever you decide to choose, make sure they are a member of Society of Chartered Surveyors (SCS).
Check there website for a listing of members
http://www.scs.ie
This is important as only it's members have professional indemnity insurance (in case anything goes wrong).

Fair enough Clarry - it just riles me to see someone advertising on a community board that is there purposely without advertisements

Thanks for all your comments guys. I'm thinking of using www.propertyhealthcheck.ie as recommended by foxylady. They charge 350 inclusive of VAT for the structural survey and an extra 50 for the valuation for the lenders valuation. Anyone else used them before and have any comments, good or bad?

Back