Surveyor for survey and AIB valuation report

YouNeek

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a surveyor who will complete a survey in South Dublin region, and will also fill out an AIB valuation report.

I rang a surveyor (found on AAM, actually), who do a detailed written report for 350 + VAT, but will not fill out an AIB valuation report.

Note: AIB don't have an approved panel of valuers - they send out a 1 page report (mainly checkboxes and yes/no questions) to be filled out and sent back.

Thanks in advance.

Hi MAJJ - thanks for the reply.

I don't see any mention in that thread of Joe Lynch having done an AIB valuation report (which is specifically what I'm looking for).

I'll certainly give him a call and see.

Also, I had already done a search on this forum, if you re-read my OP:

YouNeek said:
I rang a surveyor (found on AAM, actually), who do a detailed written report for 350 + VAT, but will not fill out an AIB valuation report.

Hi
i used mcgovern & associates who were recommended by somebody here last month. Found them helpfull, just remember to get them to fill in the valuation report at the same time,, i forgot and they had to make a second visit to the house which cost me 100euro extra.. it was an aib form too

ph6610390 [broken link removed]

they charged 350+vat for the structural and 120+vat for the valuation from memory..

Thanks for that Cantona7.

Did he give you a detailed written report ?

Last time round, I used a surveryor who charged for the survey report. I called to his house at a later stage, and he did the AIB valuation on the spot, at no added cost (no additional callout to the property in question).

Unfortunately, he's no longer in business!

I used Citywide Surveyors (You'll find listed on MyHome.ie).

For value for money they're hard to beat - €302.50 incl VAT! The survey was grand. Not massively detailed, but covered most things and included the AIB valuation no extra cost. I had some follow up questions and he was easy to get in touch with and was happy to answer (and advise) where possible.

yes, i got a detailed report on both occasions.. found it a bit of a waste though seeing as the apartment was only built in 2003! but thats regulations for you, reports were available within 2 days i think.

Hi YouNeek, sorry about my incorrect criticism I was too quick skimming through the post :eek:. That surveyor saved me a lot of money and more than paid for himself - everything else since then tradesmen etc has been a challenge. BTW - I have no connection with him.

Best of luck with it all.
MAJJ

Back