supplementary welfare allowance to Invalidity Pension?

omega42

I Have just been awarded Invalidity Pension after applying for it in April Last year. Between then and now I have been receiving supplementary welfare allowance @ a rate of €340.60 (Married with 1 kid).

I have been given the Pension @ €361.40

It says on the letter the following

" I have examined your entitlement to invalidity Pension and have decided that you are due this pension from 05/04/2012"

It also says further on in the letter

"Any arrears of payment due to you less any over payments if applicable, will issue to you"

Does this mean that I will get the difference in payment from SWA to IP IE
€20.80 X 56 weeks and if that is the case when will it be paid to me?

Thanks for looking and thanks for helping

Omega

Yes, you will get the difference for the 56 weeks in a lump-sum. However, it could take another few months. I recently got Disability Allowance arrears after getting a letter in January about it, a 4 month wait. I gave up phoning about it and got a local politician to enquire on my behalf about the delay. I advise you to do the same.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, keeping fingers crossed that they have improved lol

Yes, you will get the difference for the 56 weeks in a lump-sum. However, it could take another few months. I recently got Disability Allowance arrears after getting a letter in January about it, a 4 month wait. I gave up phoning about it and got a local politician to enquire on my behalf about the delay. I advise you to do the same.

Also be sure to apply immediately for the Household Benefits package and have all of that backdated too.

Back