Super unleaded in Clonmel

scoobynutta

I make quite frequent trips to Clonmel from the Uk and I've never seen a petrol station that sells a high RON rated Super unleaded. In the UK I've got the choice of V-power from Shell which is now 100 RON (I know there is V-power in Ireland but the RON rating is the same as normal unleaded apparently-95) and Tescos super unleaded which has a RON of 99 (in Ireland have yet to see a Tescos filling station). I have my car mapped for 100 RON BTW.

Just wondering if anyone knew where there was 99 or 100 RON fuel in or around Clonmel. Or when the Clonmel Tescos is going to have a filling station. Ta :)

Tesco are slow to roll out petrol stations in Ireland-there are only around half a dozen at the moment, and I'm not aware of any that have opened recently.

I'm not familiar with Clonmel, but I don't think that super unleaded is widely available.

I'm not sure it's availabe anywhere here. My last car was supposed to use it, but I gave up looking and had to put regular stuff in it.

It would appear that it is available (in Dublin anyway).

Irish Bikers are wondering where it's gone as well.

[broken link removed] in the Irish Times from 2 years ago suggests it's not available.

[broken link removed] suggests that it's not widely available, but mentions workarounds.

Thanks for the quick replies guys. I thought that this would be the case. I've tried asking at petrol stations the RON value of their petrol and I just get funny looks :)

Looks like I'll have to sell the car and get something that runs on the normal stuff. I don't really want to tip octane booster after every refill.

I'd have to sell it before I'd decrease the power. Gives me an excuse to get something else anyway :) Thanks for your imput RS2K.

I'd have to sell it before I'd decrease the power. .

I don't think you would notice any difference in your day to day driving by using 98RON which is available everywhere unless you constantly drive like a racer on open road.

98RON available everywhere? I've never seen it in or even near Limerick.

Yes, please let me know where you can get 98 RON in Tipperary. 98 RON I could live with, just one bottle of Millers on each tank.

Back