sunset resort bulgaria closing title deeds

D

DUB66

paid final payment on one bedroom apartment in building C in april 07 still no deeds has anyone got deeds in sunset resort and how long did it take

Somebody is probably going to moan about this suggestion but have you asked your solicitor who is hopefully independent of the seller/agent etc.?

I presume you know that not engaging an independent solicitor is probably not a good idea?

I'm in the same boat as you. I was told that there is only one notory in Pomorie and that's why it's taking so long to close.

Are you in building C too? according to 'Customer Care Team' nobody in bldg C has received deeds, originally said it'd take 14 weeks now 24 weeks! They've said there will be no problem with recieving rental income, should get it in Nov, more concerned with deeds, whats your situation?

I'm in building C also. I was also told the same as you. I'm not too worried yet.

There are only two notary offices in Pomorie, and it is indeed a problem for everyone, with any and all proceedings delayed by months. The problem is that by law the number of notaries in any town is defined upon the number of the local inhabitants. Pomorie, with relatively few residents, sees an enormous activity of selling and buying property, hence these two guys are flooded by requests for services.

The good news: the Minister responsible is suggesting a change in the law whereby the number of notaries will be derived based on the deeds closed in the last five years. Parliament is supposed to pass it rather quickly. I know this is a little consolation for most of you but at least by explaining the situation I hope you can get a bit of a relief in that possibly there is no scam and hopefully you will have your paperwork done and sealed properly, one day.

Ivan D.
www.dukaty.com

I would get a solicitor - I know of 20+ British currently taking Sunset Resort to court for not returning money owed for apartments paid 3 years ago. Be very careful.

Back