Sunday business post subscription

Dots1982

So can I ask for any e readers of the SBP are you given an email or an online receipt to confirm a subscription or a payment.
I don’t want this sub and am pretty sure I never authorized a monthly sub. I only bought an edition of the newspaper months ago.

I appear to have got no confirmation or receipt when I signed up in February. Didn’t realise til I checked now. Also don’t remember how long I subscribed for and can’t seem to figure out.

I appear to have got no confirmation or receipt when I signed up in February. Didn’t realise til I checked now. Also don’t remember how long I subscribed for and can’t seem to figure out.
Till you cancel it id imagine. At least you remember signing up. I remember buying one edition months ago and now this month I’m subbed and have no recollection and no paper trail.

Till you cancel it id imagine. At least you remember signing up. I remember buying one edition months ago and now this month I’m subbed and have no recollection and no paper trail.
Have you queried it with them?

If you login via a web browser and click on MyBusiness Post -> Plan you'll see what you're signed up for. Mine is set up to auto renew every quarter which I definitely don't remember agreeing to, but perhaps it was in the small print. It just so happens that my first renewal is tomorrow! I just realised it's €55 per quarter too which seems pretty steep - €4.23 per issue?

Edit: I guess the higher price reflects access to the app etc.

I subscribe to a lot of online newspapers and Irish ones are the most expensive and the least value for money.

After cancelling my New York Times subscription, I am now paying $2 a month for the next year. The Washington Post is $90 a year and The Guardian is €49 a year. Meanwhile The Irish Times is €144 a year and the Currency is €200

I subscribe to a lot of online newspapers and Irish ones are the most expensive and the least value for money.

After cancelling my New York Times subscription, I am now paying $2 a month for the next year. The Washington Post is $90 a year and The Guardian is €49 a year. Meanwhile The Irish Times is €144 a year and the Currency is €200

I suppose that's not surprising given that the NY Times and Guardian have a global customer base. I do find it a bit of a cod that the SBP online sub is far more expensive than buying the actual paper.

If I signed up to a sub a month ago is it normal to only get billed after the first month? Thought it would be straight away

Do the same threatening to cancel routine with the Washington Post, you can get it for $20 a year. Great value.

For anyone subscribing to the Irish Times, set your location to the USA and pay in dollars with Revolut, works out a bit cheaper.

So can I ask for any e readers of the SBP are you given an email or an online receipt to confirm a subscription or a payment.
I don’t want this sub and am pretty sure I never authorized a monthly sub. I only bought an edition of the newspaper months ago.
Via their website or another site /app? Their site currently only offers subscription options.

Do the same threatening to cancel routine with the Washington Post, you can get it for $20 a year. Great value.

For anyone subscribing to the Irish Times, set your location to the USA and pay in dollars with Revolut, works out a bit cheaper.
I can do better than that for Washington Post - it's free on Pressreader accessible through your local library website. Along with most of UK papers - apart from Murdoch's titles.

I suppose that's not surprising given that the NY Times and Guardian have a global customer base. I do find it a bit of a cod that the SBP online sub is far more expensive than buying the actual paper.

Agreed, there is a scale issue alright, and the SBP is a niche market too. I think online should be the same as print though like you say, but I guess you get access to the online archives rather than just one issue.

The NY Times is superb value at €2 per year imo

Back