Sun Tunnel

Pique318

Hi,
I'm thinking about installing one of these into the landing of my house but was wondering if they're any good. What kind of light intensity should one expect in Ireland ? Are they worth the money (€400 approx + fitting) ? I have a vent in the roof/attic and wondered if I could replace it with the sun tunnel.

Any opions/experiences would be appreciated.

I had one in bathroom of my apt [ no window] and the light was excellent.
would recommend.

yep - have one in our en suite (windowless) It's really nice not to have to put the light on and just have natural light in from the sun tunnel. Decent enough light in the brighter mornings.

Not sure how effective they would be in a larger open area though.

We have two of these in our house, one in the en-suite, and one over the stairs. They're about a 50 cm diameter, and they let in a significant amount of light, even on an overcast day.

We have two and they are not great. I think the tunnel has to go in a straight line and not too long.

Would not recommend from my experience. I think it depends on where you are putting them.

Can I ask, what kind of a seal would you get with one of these?
Would they be worse than a roof window for heat loss?

I have one in my main bathroom and while it lets in decent enough light I have a nice collection of dead bugs building up that look unsightly.

Ooh Krissovo - our new house has a sun tunnel on the landing, and I hate the thought of dead bugs gathering in it. Can you take the bottom bit off to clean it?

Betsy

Back