Sun holiday: package or DIY?

Male Doon - I confess that this year everything has gone crazy -airlines, tour oeprators and hotels are all desperate and selling at very low prices. So comparisons between packages and DIY are not as before.

In May tour ops are offering one packages for 200 and that includes all taxes, luggage, transfers, flights accommodation -add a child for 150!
At the same time Ryanair are for a "few days only" (until the next sale) almost giving away seats in May and June-including taxes and luggage for under 100 to many destinations. Actually on some dates in May without luggage fifty euros return. I'm tempted to fly to Bergamo for a couple days at that price.

You are going in peak season. But, despite brochure prices of 3.000-plus for five, I repeat my belief that they'll go down and that you'll get a good holiday for five for under 2.500,assuming your kids are not 21-year olds at college.

in a few days tour ops will start their mid-Summer sales. They deny it but I'm 96% sure.
So stay indecisive, it may save you money.

yeah, my travel agency near you .i cant advertise on this site but if you look carefully you may strike Gold.

alpharooms confusing?? i dont understand , its all very simple and laid out for you to follow. DIY is the way to go.

DIY - definitely cheaper- 2 weeks in Portugal in August in a 2 bed apartment for 2 adults and 2 kids (over 2)worked out over 4K with a package company. Doing it ourselves booking the same resort with a private apartment owner and aer lingus flights and taxi transfer works out at under 3K. Have done it before and no problems, far less hassle at the airport and a better standard of apartment.

hello
we just booked flights to Faro from Shannon in June for EUR140 each, renting an apartment found it on www.holidaylettings.co.uk for EUR170 each, its in Alubeira, very central, 10mins walk from beach pubs. 4 of us going. might rent out a car which will cost EUR150 between.

Last year i waited for a last min deal to Portugal, cost EUR280 each..

Never booking with travel agents again!

hello
we just booked flights to Faro from Shannon in June for EUR140 each, renting an apartment found it on www.holidaylettings.co.uk for EUR170 each, its in Alubeira, very central, 10mins walk from beach pubs. 4 of us going. might rent out a car which will cost EUR150 between.

Last year i waited for a last min deal to Portugal, cost EUR280 each..

Never booking with travel agents again!

Your last minute deal with travel agents cost €280 each while the DIY package is €140 + €170 = €310 each? :confused:

Should you therefore not be championing the travel agent?!

So, 00707, because last year you paid the enormous sum of 280 euros for your holiday and this year you got it cheaper (i assume it was cheaper and that your figures above are wrong -otherwise gebbel is right) then you won't deal with a travel agent.

At present I -along with all travel agents - am selling one week holidays in May and early june for 199 euros. That's ,like, this year.

And, lsjd - I wonder if you could tell me what resort/accommodation you were quoted 4k for your Algarve holiday. As the price range of holidays we're selling for a family of four in Portugal in August ranges from two grand to a high of 3k I'm really puzzled.

Back