Sun holiday after Christmas

Hansen

When are flights for post Christmas sun destinations ex Cork/ ex Shannon due to come on sale? How much can I expect to pay for a 2 bed apartment? Any recommendations appreciated thanks

Flights you can spot yourself and have seen them from Aer Lingus and Ryanair over the past few days. With apartments you've got to be careful. The nearer to the beach the more expensive they are and are usually a better residence in my opinion. I'm assuming you're talking about one of the Canary Islands, i'm just back from Fuerteventura, was 20/26 degrees for the whole week but cool at night. You will find a b/b in a hotel at much the same price as booking an apartment but again, nearer the beach is always more expensive, for me always worth it, always. :)

Just back from 2 week holiday in Malta, splendid weather even though it's suppose to be rainy season. Stayed in St Julian area, close to everything. The island has great bus service even though at times it can get very crowded.

If you are free and can fly midweek you can pick up bargains. We went to lanzrotte last year in March and it was really expensive to book with operators - around 600 to 800 each for a central location but we got a cheap flight and booked an eir B and B apartment in a complex which was close to everything at half the price. The Canary island tend to be expensive January to April and then come down in price as other locations open up. We met people who booked cheaper hotels and they had to climb 127 steps! The downside of apartments is that you tend to be on your own whereas hotels have entertainment and you get to know other guests - your budget will decide.

I note you intend to fly from either Cork or Shannon. Therefore, your destinations are limited. From memory, Aer Lingus and Ryanair cease flights to Alicante and other sun destinations from October to February. It might do you no harm to give the respective airport management a call to find out what flights are "on" in December.

Back