Summons re Driving Licence

butterfield

Got a summons which says was driving without driving licence earlier this year ... do have licence but forgot to produce at garda station.

What will happen in court - will I be fined or get points? Do I need a solicitor ? will I have to attend court ?

Go to court on the date. Get there a little early(15-20min) and show the Garda who summoned you your Driving licence. Wait for the case to be called and inform the judge that you forget to produce licence. Judge will normaly strike the case outbut may not. If you do not attend court you will get a fine and points on licence. If you are attending yourself i would not get a solicitor.

If you do what dogfish advises (ie meet the Guard before teh court and show him/her your docs) then teh Guard should look for a strike out and you won't be fined.

if u do get fined you will gets the normal one to three months to pay the fine and if you fail to pay you get up to 7 days jail max,
as dogfish and sully says approach the garda they are sound like that and its only a minor offence

Back