KBC Summary of the KBC Cohorts

Thanks Prudent1
I think your search does show when IIB started to use SVR in the Home Loans Mortgage Rates advertising/explanation information on their website. Pre July 3rd 2006 the rate was described as Variable, then update on July 3rd 2006 to SVR. As we have said all along, no mention of SVR in any of our loan documentation for 2005 customers. If they changed/rebranded the rate they should have contacted their customers and explained at that time.View attachment 3677

Just wondering where you got all those figures? I'm looking for May 2007 if available anywhere.

Anyone know if the tracker mortgage review is over yet, have kbc somehow got away with the remaining ones ?

Anyone know if the tracker mortgage review is over yet, have kbc somehow got away with the remaining ones ?

It's over when the Central Bank says so and issues it's final report. Take what the bank says with a grain of salt.

Hi Guys,

I'm new here so apologies if I posted in wrong section.

I've been reading a lot about the famous flyer and the timelines of ending tracker rates and so on however does the official response on public record by Dara Deering KBC not clarify the precise timelines of when trackers (both new and existing business) stopped??

See attached reply by Dara Deering in response to questioning from Michael McGrath FF.

( Existing Business July 2008 / New Business April 2008 )

Hopefully this will enhance peoples appeal with the ombundsman because let's be honest the writing is on the wall to close this down by Central Bank with the change of guards from all sides including promoting P Kissane to a board which is very strategic to consume his time within.
The current government wants this finished prior to the next general election

Call me a Cynic !!

Attachments

• KBC Tracker Ending Timelines.pdf
    208.4 KB · Views: 546
Anyone know if the tracker mortgage review is over yet, have kbc somehow got away with the remaining ones
Was in contact with Ombudsman last week. The central bank has not finished its review. The office told me that they will not be investigating any case until the Central Bank announces its last report.

Last edited:
Was in contact with Ombudsman last week. The central bank has not finished its review. The office told me that they will not be investigating any case until the Central Bank announces its last report.

Strange ! In February Ger Deering, in thisarticle] , said they were progressing tracker complaints.

Could these of been tracker complaints that have been deemed impacted but the customer was not satisfied with the compensation?

I don't know tbh as Deering didn't give any details. Either way I think this is going to be a very lengthy process !

Here is the reply from the C.B

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190610-111654.jpg
    Screenshot_20190610-111654.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 549
  • Screenshot_20190610-111646.jpg
    Screenshot_20190610-111646.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 580
Thanks Jazzer
What I read from that is

1. The Tracker Mortgage investigation is ongoing at the central bank and a report will be issued at some stage in the future.
2. the "majority of lenders" have completed the work of identifying impacted account.... meaning some have not. KBC?
2. 97 of those identified have been paid compo etc. I'm guessing people on this thread are not lucky enough to be any of those.
3. The FSO has begun examining "some" complaints. Is this not at odds with what the FSO told you?
4. I could be over analysing but reference to central bank prioritising the "groups of customers" affected is a little worrying... particularly if you were overcharged but dont fall into a cohort. The banks have used the cohorts to ring fence the liability they have... hence the seemingly arbitrary start and end date of flyer cohort, for example

The FSO has begun examining "some" complaints. Is this not at odds with what the FSO told you
Ombudsman office told me they hadn't started any investigation as of yet. Maybe they are beginning to get the ball rolling now?. But that will also be a very lengthy process. The whole process is like death by a thousand cuts!.

After getting word from P.Kissane yesterday, they have forwarded my case to the Ombusman. So that must mean that the Central Bank are finished with KBC in realtion to the Flyer dates.

Anyone have any update re any remaining KBC case gone before Ombudsman ?

Theres circa 300 of us still in the waiting room , yet very little in the way of updates from anyone .

The book is certainly closed on CB review now final report issued.

Read about pending enforcment actions ... are these legacy from report , or ones in front of FSO i wonder ....

Back