Suitability of Costa Del Sol

A

aristotle

Thinking of taking a sun holiday late May or early June 2005 for Myself , my wife + 18 month old son .Can anybody give any reviews good or bad about the suitability of the Costa Del Sol for a family holiday .Prefferably advice from somebody who has actually been there and which resort they would recommend.

Been to the Puerto Cabopino area ( 20 mins from Malaga airport and 15 mins from Marbella ) 3 times - nice and quiet if that is what you are after. We have always booked accomodation privately and booked day time flights which suits us and our 4 young kids. We deliberately avoid the busier areas like Benalmadena, Torremolinos and Fuengirola . Stayed in Marbella once in the Sultan club apartments, the only time we did a package trip. It was in a quiet part of the town and only a stroll form the promenade with all the bars and restaurants. On balance we prefer Puerto Cabopino and intend returning again this year.

Hi Aristotle,

It depends on what you are looking for.
I like the costa del sol a lot and have been there many times. I think its great for kids.
We stay in Mijas pueblo which is up the mountain a bit from Fuengirola. We get the best of both worlds in that we are in a nice quiet spot but have the option of the bustle of fuengirola if we want it.
The costa del sol is great for kids. We were there last year with our 2 year old and had a ball. Its a well established resort with lots of family friendly stuff. Tivoli world, the waterpark, the zoo is nice, good clean beaches, cheap meals in the evening, donkey rides for the kids etc. We normally spent the day at the beach or by the pool and in the evenings had a meal and a ramble along the prommenade in Fuengirola. Theres lots of kiddies rides etc....
Are you looking for an all in package or are you planning to rent and apt/car etc ?

For some thing differant on the Costa I would suggest NERJA which is about 50 k/m in the opposite direction of Marbella etc ,have been going there for the lastv 10 years .Beautiful costal town ,could be considered quite in relation to the rest of the costa.,some nice hotels /apartments etc .great restaurants ,some can be considered a bit pricey but a beautiful town for a holiday am heading there again in June.

avoid benelmadena and torremolinos, in my opinion they are horrible resorts. They have a 1980s feel about them. It seems like they had their heyday in the 1980s but they are now cheap and not very fashionable. They only thing I think that can be done with them is to demolish alot of it

Back