Suggestions for Space for Dryer in Kitchen

Bigbird

hi all,

can anyone suggest a location to place a condenser dryer in a kitchen which currently only accomodates a washing machine and dishwasher. i don't have the luxury of having a laundry room. i suppose what i'm really looking for is some kind of cabinet that will store the dryer and more importantly appear inconspicuous. ideally it should match my walnut and cream kitchen.

any ideas would be really helpful and welcome.

regards

bb

You haven't given any indication of the size of your kitchen or the dimensions so it will be hard for anyone to advise you. How many ground level kitchens units do you have and can you incorporate a dryer into one of them.

You already have a washing machine, why not replace it with a washer / dryer, integrated if you like so it looks like a kitchen unit.

Only drawback is it can only operate as either one or the other at a time and generally the dry load is less than the wash load, if you don’t have too many small kids though this should not be a problem.

Why not place the dryer on top of the washing machine ??

10ft in width by 16 ft in length. my kitchen is that typical L shape with space for only 2 larger kitchen appliances such as dishwasher and washing machine. everything is integrated.

I would like something reasonable in price and was thinking of putting it against the back wall (opposite short side of L) as there is a double socket there etc. the only problem is it will look sightly and will be more of a eyesore than anything else.

In relation to the washer/dryer. well i rented when i was a student and had one of these machines in the house. it used to take about 3 hours to dry one towel so i've closed the door to that option. thanks for suggestion though - i really appreciate it.

placing one on top of the other isn't an option as my machine is placed under countertop space with wall cabinets directly above.

Dryer in Kitchen

Try an integrated - as in hidden behind a facade type - model. take a sample of the current kitchen to your supplier and see if they can get something close to what you have in terms of units and colour scheme.

Westgolf

had a washer/dryer years ago in rented apartment, as first renters appliance was new and I found it fantastic. In my own house no dryer, do you really need a dryer.

Could u locate the dryer under the stairs (family member has little laundry room under the stairs) or indeed another room like a spare bedroom (used to give grinds in a house where a frilly cloth thing was placed over a large box thing in sitting room, always dying to know what it was - dryer).

If you try a kitchen design shop or even an electrical shop they may be of some expert help if you meet the right person.

Are you putting in a new kitchen or trying to incorporate it into an existing kitchen?

I have a counter dividing my kitchen form my diner and I have my dryer on the dining side in the corner area ( the square where the counter against the wall comes out as counter) if that makes sense. Everyone who knows it's there thinks its a great place.

I have a combination washer/dryer and it works perfectly!! In my old house I had a seperate washer and dryer but it takes up a lot of space if you dont have a utility room. When I moved and was getting the kitchen redone I decided to go for the combi as it mean I had extra press space. As someone said the only drawbacks are you cant wash and dry at the same time and the dry load needs to be smaller but I dont find this an issue. As a plus I can load machine with towels or bedclothes and set to wash and dry at the same time so go out to work and come home and clothes clean and dry. Couldnt see any differance in the drying performance of a combi and standalone dryer. I did a bit of research before I bought it reviews etc and it wasn't the cheapest one by far which I would assume in rented accomadation it could be. That might be the differance

Another option which my Mam has done is place the dryer in a shed. My mam has had both her washer and dryer in the shed for years never an issue.

Send a photo of your kitchen to any kitchen company and ask them or try power city or DiD

hi there, thanks for the useful replies. plenty of food for thought there. yes sandals i do need a dryer as i have young kiddies. this means a few change of clothes everyday believe it or not.
so the washing machine is always spinning and dryer going. my electricity bill is a little high (nothing major though) but to me have bone dry clothes for kids is a definite necessity.

i think that i'll approach the gang who put in my kitchen and see what they have to say. i'm sure that they'll throw a few suggestions my way as they are really helpful.

thanks once again.

Back