Suggestion for hotel in Amsterdam please.

doogo

Hi there ,

looking for a hotel for 3 slackers (sorry school teachers) for the church holiday on 8th December (hence term slackers... my BH being one of the accused) - 3 ladies off to Amsterdam
need
- a hotel near dam square or leidesplein
- reasonable standard
- decent bar either in hotel or close beside

thks

There are 2 Ibis hotels which are very good. One is beside the main rail station; the other is a 10 minute walk of the beaten track but is quiet.

I stayed in the latter. Modern hotel with bar. I'd stay there again.

The Bulldog Hotel is close to Dam square and is clean, comfortable and friendly. They market it as a 5 star youth hostel. I have stayed there many times and would recommend it.

Enjoy your trip.

Plaza Victoria is a good hotel-Straight accross the bridge from entrance to Central rail station. A bit on the dear side for single room but if the three are sharing room might work out cheap- go to their home page website for cheapest deals.

Not near your preferred locations but cheap, friendly and with large rooms (by Amsterdam standards) is the Bridge Hotel -by the 'skinny bridge' and near Utrechtstraat/Rembrandstplein.

In Amsterdam some years ago, stayed in the Rho Hotel which is situated just off Dam Square. Would be happy to recommend it and it is in a good central location. Have a look on Tripadvisor.com, it's a great source for recommendations.

Try the Hotel Barbizon. Just across the street from Amsterdam Central Station. Euro75 a night last time I stayed and was just great. Brekkie is extra though and so is car parking which carries an overnight fee.

Check this place out. Stayed here a few years ago and was fab. Everybody I know who have used it have had the same experience.

I stayed in the Cow Hotel once. It's flippin' weird. It's like being on drugs without having to pay for them. Don't do it.

I just came back from the swisshotel on damrak just off dam square. Great location and a lovely room with the biggest bed ever! It was great!

Back