Suggested changes to the new layout

Brendan Burgess

Founder
Hi folks

I want to compile a list of changes for us to consider making. These are just ideas , so feel free to agree or disagree.

This is a practical working list, so please don't go off topic.

1) Too bright
2) Too much clutter
Delete "members online"
Delete "Latest Posts" on RHS
Delete big circle/avatar beside people's names
3) Insert link to Posting Guidelines somewhere prominent
4) Put in post count under user name
5) Replace Xenforo logo with Askaboutmoney
6) Two links on top to "Recent Posts" and "Unread Posts"

Last edited:
Can we bring the post count back for each user?

Yes. But in the meantime, click on a users name and you will see a lot of information about them

My touch of neophobia notwithstanding, I would make it as similar as possible to its previous incarnation.

Can you put back in the shortcut link to "TOP" the used to be displayed at the end of a page, which allows you to jump back directly to the "top" of the current page...

Hi Jazz

On my PC, I just press the Home Button.

On my phone a little blue upward pointing arrow appears and pressing that brings me to the top?

Brendan

To add to that @Brendan Burgess when accessing on phone, as soon as you begin to scroll back to the top, a blue 'up' arrow appears in the bottom right if screen. That brings you back to the top.

On my PC, I just press the Home Button.
The "home button" brings you to the askaboutmoney.com landing page.

Historically, the "blue upward pointing arrow" was available on desktop / laptop on the bottom right of the page, which would bring you back to the top of the current page you are viewing. (arrow on the old page was a yellow / golden colour)

Back