Successful FSO cases 2015/ 2016

Jumpstartdublin

anyone have any success with cases referred to FSO. Stats for banks are very low regarding cases adjudicated on. Most are settled by way of mediation and small financial gesture given to complainant to close off case

This resorts to all I've ever said. Very difficult to rely on FSO as the Financial Institutions pay foir the running of the offices. On one occasion when I contacted FSO offices, I spoke with a female there who roared and shouted at me for taking a case against the Institution I taking case against.

On a more important note, as many do not wish to take cases against FSO, don't walk away. There is always the element of Fraud, which is not Statute Barred, so if over six years, carry on regardless

I spoke with a female there who roared and shouted at me for taking a case against the Institution I taking case against.

That indeed is extraordinary. People have complained about the decisions of the FSO but I have never heard of them being accused of bad manners. Indeed the opposite is the case. When people phone them, they find them helpful.

I presume you reported the said female to the FSO. What was his response?

Brendan

Agree staff at FSO are most helpful, courteous and interested at all times. Surprised that such a comment regarding a particular member of staff is factually correct...

Most are settled by way of mediation and small financial gesture given to complainant to close off case

Hi jumps, are you sure about this ?

No figures yet for 2015, but according to the FSO, in 2014 only 8 of the 5,872 cases closed were done so by way of mediation, page 14 here;

[broken link removed]

Can I ask where you got this understanding from ?

It has never been my understanding, nor do I ever recall the FSO saying most cases were closed by mutual agreement.

Thanks.

Experience X 5 cases!

Fair enough, can’t argue with that.

As it was mutually agreed, you must have been pleased with the financial gesture given to close off on your cases.

You have had a positive result in all 5 cases you have taken to the FSO, well done.

I presume you reported the said female to the FSO. What was his response?

Brendan

Nothing happened and another poster on AAM had a similar experience with the same person. Do ot know their outcome but nothing surprises me.

Nothing happened

Hi mercman, can you expand on this, I too am gobsmacked that you were roared and shouted at by a staff member from the FSO’s office.

Did you actually put in a complaint about this person ?

If you did, what was the response from the FSO’s office ?

I did not make an official complaint, but made the senior investigator aware of the issue. Just checked and the said person has been promoted.

As an addendum to this, it remains with Brendan it he does or doesn't want the name mentiond. He is aware of the case and he can dcide as to mentioning names etc

Back