Success - Dilosk/ICS gave me a reduction after I threatened to move

OneQuestion

Has anyone successfully requested a variable rate reduction from ICS/Dolisk mortgages group or is only option to switch mortgage ?

Hi OneQuestion, Yes I have on 4 occassions and no luck, the exact reply I got was "No - we are under no obligation whatsoever to reduce your SVR, The only way we will reduce this is if the government intervene and make us lower the SVR".
I put them over it 4 times and got the same answer each time, I even spoke to a manager in there and was told that the credit commitee voted no to my request, I of course was not allowed to speak to any of these people on the credit commitee.
Someday I will definitely pull my mortgage from them.

I have verbal confirmation of a rate reduction from them today on the phone. Getting a 0.4% reduction. Waiting on the paperwork. Kbc agent gave verbal offer to us over the phone but my wife on carers leave so the application wouldn't be straight forward.

I've just rang ICS/Dolisk and was told they review requests such as this on a case by case basis, they are sending out a mortgage rate amendment form for us to complete and once returned, their credit team will review and come back to us in 2/3 days .

I've just rang ICS/Dolisk and was told they review requests such as this on a case by case basis, they are sending out a mortgage rate amendment form for us to complete and once returned, their credit team will review and come back to us in 2/3 days .

That's pretty much what we did. They came back fairly quick. We had a verbal offer from KBC and made sure to put it on the forms.

Got a reduction of .36% a while ago,told then I was leaving and meant it.
Will remain for a while longer to see if rates drop enough elsewhere make it worth my while then its adios Dilosk,a company I never wanted to be with in the first place.
With anything like this,If you don't ask you don't get but given that most Irish people wont even change their bank account to avoid fees I doubt somehow Dilosk or other Banks will be under much pressure as most Irish people are so loyal to their overcharging banks/utility/insurance companies etc ad nauseum ;) though I honestly think its really down to laziness.
Rang PTSB with whom I have a variable mortgage - they did not entertain me for a second,said they would pass my concern along,so it adios PTSB at the earliest opportunity.

What are the current variable rates with ICS/Dolisk?

Last edited by a moderator:
just had an update call from ICS/Dolisk, they've reviewed our request for a reduction in SVR and have approved for .5% reduction for lifetime of mortgage, this will bring us down to 3.85%. super news for a Friday

just had an update call from ICS/Dolisk, they've reviewed our request for a reduction in SVR and have approved for .5% reduction for lifetime of mortgage, this will bring us down to 3.85%. super news for a Friday

Do you mind me asking what was the outstanding amt of your mortgage and how many years left?

Hi OQ

Well done. That is great news. Keep an eye on them to make sure that they remain competitive over the years.

Brendan

Copied from another thread - Brendan

I recently got a 0.4 % discount off my SVR for the duration of the mortgage from them as I told them I had approval in principle from KBC.

Had to fill out a mortgage modification request form and then they offered the discount.

Last edited by a moderator:
After finding this thread, I also contacted Dilosk /ICS to request a Reduction in my rate.

I have got a reduction from 4.2% to 3.85%.

All I had to do was fill out a Mortgage modification request form with the details of my KBC offer.

Glad that I found this thread :)

Back