Key Post Success! After 7 months fighting, AIB agrees to reduce break fee to what it should have been!

We’ve had some personal bad news in recent days and I’m not sure I’ve any fight left in me to expend further on AIB.

Sorry to hear that. Hope it works out ok.

Prioritise your personal stuff. I am sure that someone will challenge this issue with the Ombudsman and will get a favourable ruling. If so, then AIB will be under pressure to refund everyone affected.

Brendan

Just to keep everyone abreast of AIB’s utter incompetence we wrote to them to say we would accept the refund of the breakage fee difference and gave them an IBAN (non AIB) to pay the refund to. Rang yesterday after 3-4 weeks of waiting to ask where the money is. Was told “we paid that on 20th of November”. And now the money is nowhere to be found as we definitely did not get the money into the account specified. I wouldn’t miss an extra €1800 dropping in there! It now seems to be up to our bank to track this money down! How hard is to to do an electronic transfer of funds!!
I know I shouldn’t be surprised but this is just a new level!

So further update. Today we received our first correspondence from the FSPO to say they want to open the informal dispute resolution.
I assume once they find out that we’re taking the refund from AIB they will close the case?

On a side note AIB still struggling to make the electronic transfer for the refund! :rolleyes:

Back