Subsiding House

Tony

Help we havew a problem the house we are currently about to sign contracts at the moment has a subsiding path at the back, i had my father in law take a look at it (he has been building houses for the past 25 years and knows what he is talking about) and he said it would cost about 2k to fix as there is most probably a leaking pipe underneath. We really love this house and do not want to let it go for something so small my question here is what are our options to get this fixed i would be uneasy about putting pressure on the seller to fix it as we are already getting the house at a good price in my opinion and the last thing i want to do is to force him to pull out of the deal.

Tony

why not have the current owner aproach his insurers, or alternatively, rather than you taking out a new policy on the house, ask if the current policy can be transferred to you. it is unusual to do this, but not imposible.

If subsidence/burst pipes, the cost of repair may be covered under teh insurance policy.

forgot to say this house is still covered under homebond would that cover the subsidence

its a path outside and not the structure of the house which is what is 'covered' by homebond. Home insurance may cover it depending on how its worded

Homebond claims are a pain in the ass , hence 'covered' not covered .

Back