submit any docs with complaint form?

corkgirl1

Hi all,

I am submitting a complaint to the ombudsman - basically the bank are now denying that our mortgage was interest only for the duration which is certainly how it was sold to us.

My question is - do I need to submit anything other than the final response letter from the bank and the completed complaint form?

Thanks for any advice.

you should submit any and all information that you have in support of your position as the omnudsman will make his decision based on this and any response to the information he receives from the other side. Just note that anything you send to the ombudsman will be issued to the other side to get their response to the information.

Thanks for that KKelliher - on reading the form properly it is actually quite clear.

should be fun photocopying the 9 "we are considering your complaint and will contact you in 2 weeks letters!"

The 2012 Consumer Protection Code , tells lenders the time-frame when THEY MUST respond.
Probably what you were {sold} was interest only for a set time. Ask the Bank for all and I MEAN ALL the documemtation ,calls,letters etc relating to your mortgage.With a bit of luck something will show up.

The FSO will give both sides copies of the other sides papers - that said make sure you ask the provider for copies of everything - you also request an Oral Hearing - consider every possible option

The 2012 Consumer Protection Code , tells lenders the time-frame when THEY MUST respond.
Probably what you were {sold} was interest only for a set time. Ask the Bank for all and I MEAN ALL the documemtation ,calls,letters etc relating to your mortgage.With a bit of luck something will show up.

Does anyone know what this time-frame is - could not find it on the 2012 Consumer Protection Code document? I've received 5 of these 'we will respond to you within 10 days' letters from UB since April nearly 5 months ago!

Thanks.

Has there been correspondence that you have replied to in the meantime?

He has a final response letter. That would say that there has been no further response.

Back