Student Seeking advice about investment

A

ArdiKo

Hey, I'm going to have a regular amount of 500-700euro to invest every month.

What would be the best option for saving?
I plan to save for 7years. I also don't need access to this money.

Thank you =)

Assuming that you have no debts that would merit reduction/redemption first then perhaps a low charges unit linked funds might fit the bill? Have you checked out the key posts?

You have about 5 to 7 hundred euro to invest monthly? This is like drip feeding as we did in the SSIA's. It is an excellent way to avoid buying too many units too high and it just follows the market trends monthly.Eagle Star, Rabo etc. have products to suit your requirements. Make sure you get a good allocation rate or at least no entry charges! Try contacting LA Brokers, execution only and extremely reasonable in price- a really good guy! AND, most importantly, he does not charge trailing commissions, this is unusual and is very important.Over a few years you will be amazed how much your money will increase. Remember that you can watch how your fund is doing and move from time to time within the company's funds as they do not all do well all the time. There should be little or no charge for these switches.You could allocate from inception, say 3 or 4 funds into which the monthly subscribtion is put and this way you would be spreading the risk and it should work out quite well. You should expect to pay about 1% PA management fee.Just before I conclude, you might think of asking the above broker if you could set up this as a pension, as it would almost double your savings from this venture and when you start working you will have already a nice tidy start for your future years. This would only apply however if you are paying tax, which you may not be. PS I have never met this broker mentioned above but have done quite a bit of business with him in the past and will do again at some time.

Last edited:
Back