Straffan Co Kildare - What's it like?

I agree with posters above, straffan is very quiet, the school is meant to be very good. I think maynooth would be a bit more lively, lots of college students around.
Have they considered clane or sallins nearby? Smaller than maynooth and good schools and pubs.

Hey All,
Friends of mine viewed the 4 bed showhouse last Saturday in Straffan Gate. Very impressed with the house and looked very neighbourly with plenty of kids out playing. Believe prices are still being quoted at 530k, but like everywhere else, the auctioneer is negotiable........ maybe worth a call...... :)

Very interesting!

€530K is very optimistic - they were either (€520 or €530K), in the last quarter of 2006 when my friend purchased.

I bought a 4 bed detached in straffan gate a few months ago - The 4 bed semi was 575k even up to January 08 so they reduced them as they are now at 530K. There are houses in the estate still for sale so I would imagine they will take a lower price. The estate is lovely very quiet and full of professional couples and families I would recommend it. I never feel like a blow in as there are so many new people to the area. I was surprised how accessible to town it was with Bus Eireann - even at rush hour it only takes 45 minutes to get into city centre Dublin. Straffan is only a few minutes from Maynooth, Celbridge and Clane so you have a huge choice and you have the benefit of a small village. You would probably have to drive anyway to get the weekly shopping. I moved from town and it was the best decision I made.

Just viewed houses in Straffan Gate (June '09) prices have seriously dropped - 4 bedroom has gone from €575 to €420k ...

They have at least 8-10 houses completed and ready for sale and another 8 still not built but due to be constructed soon....

Straffan Gate

Many homes have been sold in Straffan Gate in the last 18 months and I understand that there are only a couple left. Beautiful development and maintained to the highest of standards. Selling agent and developers are great to deal with. Active residents association who organise several fun days for the kids. Great place to live.

Back