Storage heater and no juice

Madra

I've just fitted a new storage heater where there was an old existing one which worked a year or so ago. Its not working so I rang the ESB and they say (havin come out after a few days) the meter and timer is fine. I checked again during nighttime hours (7.30 am) for juice coming into the socket and there's none. I also checked all the fuses for any trips and found all are in the correct up position (I dont know which fuse actually belongs to the night heater but assuming all are up then its not tripped). Is there any obvious way I can check whether the ESB are not at fault and they have deffo checked the meter - I say this as its an apartment and I got no call or card to say the ESB had actually called but they could have got access by any other resident. Finally I'm getting a sparks to check it out but will he find it easy to find the fault given that the meter works ? Will he be able to prove conclusively to me that the meter/timer does not work if indeed that is the case ?
Thanks

The storage heater should have a timer to control when it comes on and off (ie to switch on the power at night while your tucked up in bed) this should be located in your consumer unit. Check to make sure it is set to come on before you go to the expense of getting the sparks out.

As I said the ESB have said they have checked this so I have to take their word for it. The meter is in the communal area. Am I responsible for the feed from the hallway where the meter is to the actual fuseboard in the apartment.

Back