Stopping Payments from CC

IrishGunner

Is there anyway of stopping a CC payment ?

I booked a flight online with South African Airlines and the name on one of the passengers was incorrect...dont ask??!!

They did not allow name changes & told me to rebook and they would refund the payment for the original within 10 days

From experience I dont think it will be 10 days

I rang my cc company asking them to stop the original payment but they cannot do this

Any other advice just in case the airline does not refund me

Ta

It is possible to 'dispute' a payment with your CC company. Generally, this relates to payments which you have not authorised. In this case, it sounds like you did authorise the original payment, so you may be on dodgy ground here. However, a lot depends the individual at the CC company you speak to - When some dodgy online charges appears on my Amex account, the first person I spoke to was telling me that I'd have to pay these charges while they investigated them. I told her very clearly that I wasn't paying the charges, I'd close the account if they tried to make me pay, and I'd see them in court if necessary. I was then passed through to someone in their fraud section who agreed to credit the charges straight away.

From experience of South African Airlines, I would be very surprised if you had a problem with them refunding the original charge.

Back