Stolen I phone 6

RowanTree

Hi
My i phone 6 was stolen a few days ago. I only have it two months and have 22 months left in my contract. A new one from Vodafone is around 600 and i've no insurance. Would any one have some suggestions on how I could get the same phone for cheaper? I realise this is a difficult and probably useless question but it kills me to pay 600 for a new phone.

Sorry to hear this, it's awful for you. I don't think you get it anywhere for less than €600, they are all over £500 new in the UK but you could buy a good used one for [broken link removed]which is around €400 . Have you tried tracing the phone, reported it to Gardai etc

Sorry to hear this, it's awful for you. I don't think you get it anywhere for less than €600, they are all over £500 new in the UK but you could buy a good used one for [broken link removed]which is around €400 . Have you tried tracing the phone, reported it to Gardai etc
£350 is nearer €500

I have checked my account and it shows calls to Eastern Europe, France, two premium calls, irish mobile numbers so that phone is deffo gone. I wonder can I buy a new phone on instalments? Thanks for the reply van driver.

the account is disabled. i have a new sim card, going to wipe the phone once i figure what I'm going to do re getting a new i phone. I currently using a cheapo phone.

Did you have "Find My iPhone" enabled? This enables a utility to trace, help find, wipe or de-active an iPhone remotely when lost or stolen so the thieves cannot benefit from it.

For others, on the Home screen tap Settings>iCloud. Scroll down to "Find My iPhone" and tap to learn about it and switch the facilities it offers.

I also subscribe to Prey, which does essentially the same thing but photographs thieves as well as telling them they are being tracked. Basic cover is free for up to 3 devices / person.

Belt and braces just in case one is security measure is hacked / hackable

Last edited:
Back