Stolen bike.

dodo

I woke up Saturday morning to find one of my daughter's bike's gone from inside our drive, So I took a drive around to see if I could spot it, which I did in a housing estate that I know have some not so nice people,The bike had both wheels missing and seemed to have been thrown around for fun,I have had cars robbed on me and I just got on with it, but seeing her little pink bike lying battered really got to me. Who gives people the right to take her bike which I worked hard to pay for.I am not violent but if I knew who took her bike I think I could do some damage. She is 6 1/2 and I have told it is gone but could not tell her that I found it.

Re: Stolen bike

I feel for you. We came home from a weekend away a few months ago to find our patio doors smashed in and my son's Xbox ( which he has diligently saved up for himself out of birthday and odd job money) and most of his games gone. It does make me feel sick and that if I found them I would do them some damage to teach them a lesson ( I know it's wrong and if it came to it I wouldn't actually touch them but I still feel so p*ssed off about it when I think of someone coming in and just taking things he worked and saved for) We have also, many years ago in a different house, been completely ransacked and I won't even start to describe the thoughts that went through my head about what I would do to them if I had caught them!

What almost annoyed me more is how none of the occupant of the 3 houses at the back of us who overlook our house and garden saw or heard anything apparently:rolleyes:

I hope your daughter is ok about it now, it's hard having to explain at that age that there are people in the world who have no respect or consideration for others and their property

Hello dodo,

I understand how you feel as down through the years we have had many items damaged or stolen and it is very annoying.

Would have to say though that you were quite innocent to leave the bike in the driveway and not lock it away. It always amazes me to see people doing this. Many neighbours leave expensive children's toys in their front garden overnight and IMHO its only asking for problems.

Unfortunately in the environment that we live in these days one has to nail everything down or lock it away. I know it shouldn't be that way but there you have it and I for one don't think its going to get any better.

I know how you feel, we were broken into last year and everything of value was taken (including Mrs Purples engagement ring and jewellery that had belonged to our grandmothers etc). Strangely it didn't bother me too much but a couple of months ago our one year old dog got out and our neighbour say it being lifted into a van. That did bother me; the kids still cry about it.

Someone tried to rob one of my bay trees in a pot from outside my house last week - a bay tree!

It was dragged halfway down the driveway, hope it strained their necks with the weight of it. It was abandoned then because they couldn t drag it anymore obviously. If they had taken one, they would have taken both, I reckon.

I think it was one of those awful "ragmerchant" crowds putting the dodgy leaflets in the door - we are currently having a spate of them.

Anyone I told thought it was hilarious, having said that, the trees retail at €200 each.

Purple, thats absolutely awful about your poor dog!

My window box was stolen last year. I was so annoyed! Some people in the area have padlocks on their hanging baskets and I heard that these type of things were being stolen to be sold at the local Sunday market.

My elderly Aunt's house was broken into last week. She was out doing gardening and came inside to see her front door was damaged. She turns around and there's this guy coming down the stairs. She asks him what he's doing.
"Looking around," he says, and then walks out the door.
Her bedroom had been ransacked and some money etc. taken.
She is quite shook up about it.
How many people think the guy will be caught and punished?
How many people think my Aunt will be quite shook up about this and it will interfere with her quality of life?
I wonder how long it will take before we start doing something about all this.

having had my house robbed 2 years ago i can tell you i felt the same disgust and upset. Only thing that seemes to deter these folks is alarms and having to go looking for stuff, therefore i recommend you start teaching your children the importance of putting the bikes, scooters, skates away in the locked shed when they are done. we often forgot to put the house alarm on when leaving and left stuff just lying around and I can say we learned our lesson.
Also one tip is not to have bag and suitcases within easy access. The theives in our case packed one of our bags with our stuff and then headed off.

Back