stock market simulator

moylan1

are there any good free stock market simulators that lets you play with pretend money. thanks in advance

There's a Java one here if that's any use?

I'm sure that some stockbrokers have fantasy stock trading tools.

yahoo have one
[broken link removed]
they give you £100,000 to play with

[broken link removed] have one aswell but you can only go long or short, not both. You can't trade options on it either. I believe it's U.S. securities only, but I might be wrong.

Is there any simulator that covers all markets? US, UK and European.

Bullbearings only covers UK.

Investopedia only covers US.

Is there anything that simulates the cold sweat that you get when you are 100% invested and the market gaps down 5 %?

Is there anything that simulates the sick feeling when your favourite drug company halts the drug trial that was supposed to guarantee their future?

Is there anything that simulates the sleepless night you have when your largest tech stock holding with great fundamentals announces an options backdating investigation after the market close and you have to wait till next morning to see how much you've lost?

Simulators are for kids, do not base anything on your perceived expertise from one of these.

Just my 2 cents.....

Simulators are for kids, do not base anything on your perceived expertise from one of these.

Emotion is an important part of investment - not least because it often leads to mistakes such as selling at the bottom or buying at the top. However, the OP may need to see if he has an investment strategy that works first. Once he has that he knows he can consistently make money on a simulator he can concentrate on overcoming the emotional aspects of investment for real life investment.

Back