Still entitled to redundancy?

shinshin

Hi all

I was put on a 3 day week in 2010, because this turned out to more long term than short term i believe i was entitled to ask for redundancy if my situation did not improve. Aprox 12 months ago i was offered an extra day per week which i readily accepted. Now i have been offered a full time position in another company and my question is am i still entitled to redundancy and would the terms be the same as when i was on a 3 day week.

You need to have lost at least half your hours to qualify for the right to ask for redundancy.

Thanks for the reply van driver,

I was led to believe that because i was not offered back on full time after four weeks on a three day week i was on systematic short time and entitled to ask for voluntary redundancy at any time thereafter. The reason i was offered four days was because four other people on a three day week asked and got their redundancy hence there was a bit more work.

No,that's the reason employers put people on a 3 day week,so it doesn't trigger a right to redundancy.

Another quick question, although a little similar,
My husband was put on a 3 day week 3 years ago but at the moment and for the past 4 -5 months it has been 1 or 2 days a week.

Would he be entitled to ask for his redundancy?

(with company 20 years & if not entitled to it now, it will certainly not be worth anything in to the future & he would be aswell to try & find a full time job!)

Back