sticking down door saddle

Yes, that'll do the trick. Put some weight on it and ensure it doesn't move while the adhesive sets. Ideally you could put a couple of screws through it to hold it in place, cover the holes with plugs. [broken link removed] are cheap enough.
Leo

Warning!
Be very careful, be sure there are no water pipes running across the door under the saddle before slamming in nails especially in concrete. It's amazing how easy it can happen.
I use Tec7 as an adhesive, not cheap but will stick the saddle firm. It comes in tube for a silicone gun type application.

Tec7 is good stuff alright - easiest way to keep saddle in place whilst setting, is to prop it off the door head temporarily with a lath or something similar until it's well set.

no problem some call them thresholds,some saddles. I got some no more nails [broken link removed]

Seriously, it is in a tube with an applicator. do i have to cover all the saddle or just strips along its underside?

No need to cover every last piece of it. Few well placed dollops of it that will spread out when you put the saddle in situ will do the trick. Don't over do it, you don't want it oozing out everywhere as it's a pain to clean up.
Leo

No need to cover every last piece of it. Few well placed dollops of it that will spread out when you put the saddle in situ will do the trick. Don't over do it, you don't want it oozing out everywhere as it's a pain to clean up.
Leo
Thanks for that

saddle is down ok now.job is oxo. Wondered if this NMN's would hold up a small corner shelf in bathroom.Would not have much weight on it. The walls at one side plasterboard and the other wall it would be on is a 'real' wall

Back