Steve Irwin death

ney001

Just wanted to express how sad I am at the death of Steve Irwin. I thought he was absolutely brilliant for kids and adults alike. At the very least he died doing what he was good at - still very very sad!

Steve Irwin the Crocodile Hunter is Dead!!!

Despite his seemingly reckless nature and apparant 'messing' with wild animals, I was quite sad and shocked to hear he had died!! Killed by a Sting-ray!!. I found him quite annoying at times but he had an infectious enthusiasm for animals.

Remember when he ran around a crocodile enclosure clutching his newborn child. He seemed a bit of a nutcase alright!

Great thing to have on your head stone though! I don't think there would be another like it in the cemetery.
On a serious note it’s very sad for two small children that will hardly remember their father. He was a genuinely good person who was passionate about what he did.

I saw him on the Frank Skinner show a few years back, around the time he was promoting his movie. He came on dressed in full khaki's and started talking as he does on the TV i.e. in that breathless highly animated voice. I thought it was all an act but as the interview progressed it became apparent that was how he really was. He came across 100% genuine and v. committed to his zoo/conservation work.

Shame to hear about his untimely passing.

A few years back I had the good fortune (?) to spend some time in the absolute middle of nowhere in far north Queensland where I worked in a small community with some local guys that were farmers etc. One night Steve Irwin was on the tv and it became very clear that many Australians don't have the same fondness for him as people elsewhere in the world. The bottom line was that aussies think he's an awful idiot for doing what he does, sending out the message that he can control these animals and it's perfectly fine for him to tease crocs and kiss snakes and whatever!! Basically the message they give to their children and people in general is that if you see a snake, get as far away as possible. I believe that wild animals have their own environment and if we choose to intrude and it backfires on us, then tough s**t!! Seeing this guy dangling his baby beside a crocdile was probably the dumbest thing I've ever seen anyone do. How much publicity does a person need?? His zoo near Brisbane is one of Australia's biggest tourist attractions!

Seeing this guy dangling his baby beside a crocdile was probably the dumbest thing I've ever seen anyone do.

I have to agree. Whatever views you might have on his "larger than life" personality, the chance he took with his child was completely and unforgiveably irresponsible.

If there's any comfort to be drawn from the incident, it's that his own disregard for safety didn't take anyone else out with him.

Given the choice, I don't really think that he'd feel the same way :(
I think if he had a choice of a way to die I think it would of been working with the worlds creatures,so I disagree with you, I think Tiger woods given the same choice if there was a god then it would be playing golf, Bing Crosby always said if he dies he would want it to be on a golf course when he came to his end, But bach to the sroc man he is a treasure and hero in my book,crikey`it is sad

many Australians don't have the same fondness for him as people elsewhere in the world. The bottom line was that aussies think he's an awful idiot for doing what he does

.. wouldn't take any notice of that. Sure isn't it normal for natives...to think that their fellow countrymen who are in public are complete twats.

Take Daniel O'Donnell for example....oversea regarded as great..at home he's regarded as a twat.

Back to Steve Irwin though....liked his shows, a larger than life character with no apparent mal-intent. Shame it happened to him as one feels he had more to offer the world in terms of education & appreciation of the reptile world.

ninsaga

"You're not Louis Walsh by any chance are you? "

indeed no... but lets not hijack the Steve Irwin thread to list out famous Irish Twats - as tempting as it sounds ;)

Bing Crosby always said if he dies he would want it to be on a golf course when he came to his end,

Does he not realise he's gone!:eek:

I agree with you about the croc man. He did a lot for conservation and animal welfare. News reports from Australia seemed to suggest that he was well loved by the public.

.. wouldn't take any notice of that. Sure isn't it normal for natives...to think that their fellow countrymen who are in public are complete twats.

Take Daniel O'Donnell for example....oversea regarded as great..at home he's regarded as a twat.

ninsaga

Exactly we see them for what they are.....twats! While the rest of the world think they're amazing!!

Well bing Crosby could have hardly said it when he was dead now could he, think about he went the wat he wanted playing golf , just like Steveo died the way he would have wnated doing what he loves
Does he not realise he's gone!:eek:

I agree with you about the croc man. He did a lot for conservation and animal welfare. News reports from Australia seemed to suggest that he was well loved by the public.

Back