Sterling Account

Privinv

Hi,
I am an old user of the website, and have not used in for a long time and it's great to be back!
I would appreciate any advice on opening up a sterling account please, I am considering KBC, they are offering 3% for 12 months term.
How secure is KBC?
Are there other banks with better security, and with better ease of access for opening up a st. account and for transferring funds?
Thanks
Privinv

Hi

Furter to my earler message - I was looking at setting up sterling deposit account HERE which woudl be underwritten by UK central bank.

My options so far are KBC or Nationwide UK ireland.

KBC offer sterling accounts but are underwritten by Central Bank of Ireland, interest rate is 3 % for 12 month term

Nationwide only offer Euro accounts but is underwritten by UK central bank -interest rate is 3.6 % for 12 month term.

Would appreciate any comment please.

Hi,
I am an old user of the website, and have not used in for a long time and it's great to be back!
I would appreciate any advice on opening up a sterling account please, I am considering KBC, they are offering 3% for 12 months term.
How secure is KBC?
Are there other banks with better security, and with better ease of access for opening up a st. account and for transferring funds?
Thanks
Privinv

heres some advice , dont open a sterling account , its a weak currency this past number of years and with the uk having edged back towards rescession , that isnt going to change , anyone who put money in sterling ( from euro ) last november is down a lot of money

Back