Step by step guide for holders of CRH share certificates

Got this from Davy today

1698864963860.png

So if you want to sell CRH shares you do so on the London market by default.

Brendan

Hi All,

Over the last 3-4 weeks I have completed this process for my mother and her sister. They both had inherited a small number of shares from their sister who left them in her estate about 4 years ago.

They are both registered on Computershare US and their dividends payments have been set up, although one go in before the cut-off date (for US TAx) and the other was after it. Its a small shareholding so not overly concerned about that.

They now want to sell their shareholdings in CRH and they and I have no idea what to do next. I have read on this thread about the Medallion certificate etc. Can someone please tell me how I go about selling the shares? Do I need a broker??
My mum and aunt live and are residents in Ireland.

Thanks

Hi All,

Over the last 3-4 weeks I have completed this process for my mother and her sister. They both had inherited a small number of shares from their sister who left them in her estate about 4 years ago.

They are both registered on Computershare US and their dividends payments have been set up, although one go in before the cut-off date (for US TAx) and the other was after it. Its a small shareholding so not overly concerned about that.

They now want to sell their shareholdings in CRH and they and I have no idea what to do next. I have read on this thread about the Medallion certificate etc. Can someone please tell me how I go about selling the shares? Do I need a broker??
My mum and aunt live and are residents in Ireland.

Thanks
I spoke to a broker this morning who advised that once you have the holding statement you can sell these through a broker who can do the Medallion Guarantee stamp. The guy I spoke with said his company didn't do this but he thought Davy's did. This is as far as I've got in the process.

I spoke to a broker this morning who advised that once you have the holding statement you can sell these through a broker who can do the Medallion Guarantee stamp. The guy I spoke with said his company didn't do this but he thought Davy's did. This is as far as I've got in the process.
I tried to buy additional CRH Shares through my Computershare US account without success, does anyone know is it the case that I can't do this for some reason?

I tried to buy additional CRH Shares through my Computershare US account without success, does anyone know is it the case that I can't do this for some reason?

Why would you do that?

Buy them through DeGiro or Davys so that if you want to sell them, you can do so without the cost and hassle of a Medallion Guarantee.

Brendan

If you buy through Davy's you will be establishing yourself as a client.
You could then use Davys medallion signature guarantee service to get your computershare holdings transferred into Davys.

I set up my CRH on the US Computer Share with the W8 done. The latest dividend arrived but it is taxed at source at 25%. Is that correct?

I moved my shares to Davys Online before the transfer and have not received the dividend which was paid on 22nd November yet.

I rang Davys this morning and there is some issue between themselves and the custodian which they need to resolve before it is paid.

They don't know yet when it might be resolved.

But if you are wondering where your dividend is, don't worry. It will land in your account at some stage.

Brendan

Back