Steel Garage

dino

Hi,
I recently moved to a new house and I'm planning to get a new garage built as a workshop and for storage. It's just for hobby use. I could probably get away with a 25sqM Steel Garage like a Steeltech or Shanette but I'm tempted to go a bit bigger, maybe 35-40sqM. I know that I would not need planning permission for anything up to a 25sqM garage as it is exempt development but I was wondering how much it will cost to go for planning permission?
Is there much involved in the planning process and will I need an Engineer or can I apply myself.
Anyone any experience of this?
Thanks

I would contact the shed company to ask how much help they can give you with planning. You would need to submit drawings of the site to the council so some kind of engineer, planning consultant or architectural technologist would need to do that. If you search your local authority’s planning register you will get names of people who do that kind of work in your area and they should be able to give you an estimate as well.

Look at your local authority planning site and review successful local applications. Review the attached documentation and see if you are comfortable pulling it all together your self or whether you would need professional support.

Ensuring you deal appropriately with water run off from the roof is likely the piece that could catch you.

Back