Steam mops

I have that I bought in Argos. Its ok but maybe I'm being too fussy when I just say ok. It does take the backbreaking out of the job but it can be a bit fiddly with refilling the water tank with the funnel.

The lead is a bit short so I have to use an extension lead at times.

May also be expecting too much as we have two dogs who get very dirty in the park :)

Recently bought the X5 steam cleaner which comes with all sorts of attachments for different floors, carpets, shower cubicles etc. and I find it great. Easy to fill, easy to manoever into corners, no chemicals and the floors have never been so clean.

No connection to this company, just happy with the steam cleaner.

Thanks for feedback. I had been looking at both those steam cleaners in particular the X5 steam cleaner. Is there anyone else out there that might have bought that one also. Thanks to sue ellen and del girl for replies.

You can get reviews on a lot of stuff on Google, Amazon or even Argos so might be worth a try also.

We got the H2O mop a few years ago and I still love it. The only problem with all those steam cleaner, so maybe something to watch out for when buying one, is the end of it. By that I mean that it can be quite difficult to get right in the corners when mopping, so you are left doing it by hand!

Recently bought the X5 steam cleaner which comes with all sorts of attachments for different floors, carpets, shower cubicles etc. and I find it great. Easy to fill, easy to manoever into corners, no chemicals and the floors have never been so clean.

No connection to this company, just happy with the steam cleaner.

How do you find it on vinyl/kitchen floor tiles?

We don't have any vinyl in the house, but have used it on porcelain floor tiles ceramic floor tiles, solid wood floor and carpet.

We actually mopped the kitchen floor before using the steam cleaner for the first time and were surprised to see how much dirt/dust was on the cleaning pad after the steam-clean.

You can buy fragrances with the mop, used the lavender one when cleaning the carpets and they smell really fresh. The steam removed all traffic marks and most of the stains.

Works very well on solid wood floors as well, tried it out in my sister's house and again the floor had been cleaned beforehand, but the mop pad was dirty after the steam-clean.

OH cleaned the ensuite shower with the hand attachment and it came up really well.

I'm a bit of a clean freak, so this mop is right up my street! :)

Reading the amazon reviews doesnt hold up much with regard to build quality. I'm undecided about a purchase?

S.

I just bought the Delta Steam Mop SC19W for €54 incl postage from DID electrical. I've only used it once, but it worked very well on the tiled floor & wooden floors, it's light & easy to manage. I also used the attachment for the rugs & it worked well.

Works very well on solid wood floors as well, tried it out in my sister's house and again the floor had been cleaned beforehand, but the mop pad was dirty after the steam-clean.

OH cleaned the ensuite shower with the hand attachment and it came up really well.

I'm a bit of a clean freak, so this mop is right up my street! :)

Thanks. Sounds useful.

My only criticism of the X5 mop so far is that the handle (the top section where it detaches) is not as sturdy as it could be.

Back