Std Life With Profits

H

headmelted

First ever post so apologies if silly.
Recently received 'with profits' statement and discovered it had dropped 6000 since May. Should I take balance out or leave it there. No immediate rush for money. (was originally SSIA)Should I stop paying in or keep going?
Thanks in advance.

Can you post details on total personal contribution paid to date, Government contributions, actual value in May and current value?

personal cont. 20320.
govt cont 3810.
prev value 24730
current value 18760.
Much appreciate any help

Hi my mum has one of these policies also but the reason for the drop was an MVR which isn't a permanent deduction if she waits til market recovers it may be removed, you should make sure what the reason is for hte drop as no point in cashing it in if its not a 'real' loss...

Hi tink
the reason for the loss was a 'unit price adjustment'. Is this what you mean by MVR ? Thanks v much

Hi, sorry my firm uses different terminology but same thing !! Basically this happened a few years ago in my firm too and when I arrived there were MVRs (giving a net value of 20k) but when the markets recovered about 6mths after all the MVRS were removed so the policy was worth say 26K again. I have to say that Std Life MVRs were quite hefty but they will reduce eventually so if you are in no rush don't surrender now if you don't HAVE to. If you want get an idea of the value before mvr ask for unit value and you will prob see its not far off your last value as thats what my mum found when we looked at it.

Back