Staying in wicklow - Hunters, Arklow Bay or Ballyknocken Hotels

arklow bay is nice and has leisure centre . hunters is in a more scenic location but never been in it but id say its not as modern as arklow bay . the brook lodge near aughrim is very scenic and has a spa its expensive but they do good deals online . ballyknockan is near blessington and has great scenery and lots of lakes . woodenbridge hotel is very nice too and is just beside avoca good luck with the break.

just a quick one ballyknockan is near glenealy and is closer to wicklow town then to blessington. it has a good website and well worth looking at.

there is a ballyknockan near blessington but u are right kerak ballyknocken hotel is near glenealy my apologies. brook lodge is still my recommendation its in the country and nice quiet roads and walks nearby

Both Hunters and Balllyknockan are olde world type country houses, antiques, walled gardens, that sort of thing, of the two, I prefer Ballyknockan. Certainly the food in Ballyknockan is better. Definitely not for families, but nice for a romantic weekend.

Arklow Bay is modern, better for families, has a good leisure centre, but couldn't be described as cosy or romantic.

Back